Mijas Villas (”We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
What information do we collect?
We will collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site https://www.mijas-villas.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It may include information you provide when you register to use our site, make a booking, car hire request, when you send us a message via our online contact form and when you report a problem. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth, passport details, driving license details, information about people traveling with you, and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific requirements.
2. Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
a. Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform,
b. Information about your visit, including clickstream to, through and from our site, products you viewed or searched for.
How do we use this information?
We may use your information in the following ways:
1. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
2. For internal statistical purposes to assist us in evaluating our range of services;
3. To notify you about changes to our service;
4. To improve our site and to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
5. As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
6. To tell you about offers, products and services that may be of interest to you, but only if you agree/ ask to receive such correspondence from us. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time.
For what purposes will we be processing your information?
Predominantly we will be using your details to complete any bookings you have made with us, ie performance of our contract. We also need to hold and process your personal information to comply with the law (legal obligation).
Sometimes we may use your personal information for a legitimate business interest, eg internal statistical reviews to assist us in evaluating our range of services. Legally speaking we may also process your personal information due to vital interests (ie the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life), or, public task (ie. processing is necessary for us to perform a task in the public interest) but we don’t anticipate using your personal data in this way. Otherwise we will obtain your consent to use your personal information.
Do we share your information?
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
1. Any member of our group, ie Estepona Villas Limited
2. Third parties who we may need to work with to fulfil travel plans on your behalf, for example, our car hire partner Auto Flores, property management companies, owner's associations, villa owners.
3. Third parties to assist us with meeting legal obligations, eg to assist in the correlation, verification and submission of passport details to adhere to local laws.
We will only disclose your personal information to other third parties:
1. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
2. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mijas Villas, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Where do we store your personal information?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any passport information will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How long will we hold your information for?
We will only store information for as long as is required to complete your booking with us and/or to meet legal requirements. When your personal information is no longer required we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
Our site does contain links to other websites. If you follow a link please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites.
Access or changes to your personal information.
The personal information that we hold for you can be viewed, accessed, and in many cases amended via your account on our website.
However, as required under The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), you can make a formal request to ourselves to access your personal information, amend any inaccuracies, and delete (to the extent possible by law) your information.
Please contact us via our online form.